Why am I being asked to verify my identity?
Identification verification is required to prevent fraud and keep the community safe. It also adds an extra layer of security by ensuring no one but you link your payment information such as your bank account or credit/debit card to your Zentrader account.
As part of our commitment to become the most trusted online trading platform, all identification documents must be verified through the Zentrader website or mobile app before your account is activated. We can also accept emailed copies of identification for verification purposes.
Each country has different verification requirements which are specified in the registration form here.
When uploading your identification documents:
- Ensure that your identification documents are valid and not expired, and without modifications
- Ensure the name specified in the account is the same as in the identification documents
- Ensure the address specified in the account is the same as in the identification documents
- Do not obfuscate or cover any information in the identification documents
- Ensure your identification documents are in a well-lit area without glare (natural sunlight is best)
- Photograph the entire identification documents and avoid cutting off any corners or sides
- Ensure the identification documents are fully visible and in focus.
- Make sure the light is coming from in front of you, not behind you, such that your face is clearly visible without backlighting
- Face the camera directly and include from your shoulders to the top of your head, similar to a passport or ID photo
- Use a plain wall as a background if possible
- Do not wear sunglasses or hats
- If you are wearing glasses in your ID photo, wear them in your selfie photo. If you are not wearing glasses in your ID photo, remove them for your selfie photo.
When providing a “selfie” photo of your face:
Note that this may be required for account recovery or if additional security is required for an action you are trying to perform.
For more tips regarding ID verification or our company’s privacy obligations, check out our comprehensive Help Centre here.